The JUDGES of the UK Floristry Judges Guild have all taken a rigorous two year training programme and passed an examination to judge. Training includes the history of floral design, an in depth knowledge of the Elements and Principles of floral design, plus botanical knowledge and nomenclature, and a working knowledge of how to conduct a competition event.
The judge allocates marks in the four categories on the marking sheet by weighing the merits of each competition entry. Each category deals with a particular element of design or technique. In each of these groups is a list of facets and to achieve good marks it is important to study these and understand the principles and elements required.
'To further the advancement of floristry judging within the UK and to work with like minded organisation worldwide.'
We can offer the following professional services should you wish to hold a floristry competition:
- We can offer the following professional services should you wish to hold a floristry competition
- General advice
- Schedule writing/including working with sponsors/products
- Organising stewards for competitions
- Supply professional accredited floristry judges
- Use internationally recognised marking schemes
- Organsie competitor Q and A prior to a competition and publish them on the Guilds website
- Provide competitor feedback from the judges after the competition